Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: 50's doll?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Grapedy1982:
    I've got a friend that found a pair of saddle shoes at Payless, so I'm going to be checking there when it starts cooling off to the right weather to wear them!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Payless Saddle Shoe

  2. #22
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Other great 1950s possibilities for outfits and accessories could be the Davy Crockett fad (coonskin hats, etc.), hula hoops (although they weren't until 1958), paint by numbers, drive ins, fan magazines, rock and roll, it goes on and on. There was plenty of serious stuff, too, that could form the basis for the books--the "Red scare" and blacklists, building fall-out shelters, and so on.

    The big challenge I can see is how to differentiate a 50s girl's furniture from that of Molly's, whose furniture already looks very 1950s to me. I'd love to see a malt shop booth instead of a regular table and maybe a "princess" canopy bed like Sears did back then. (I had one along with a matching white-and-gold desk also from Sears).

    Obviously, I reallywant a 50s doll!

  3. #23
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check back-to-school sections in shoe stores. I've seen saddle shoes for Catholic school kids.

  4. #24
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Smile

    Gosh Auri, you're getting me all excited! How could they NOT do a '50's doll with all this wealth of ideas.

    Taffy, it must have been fun to go to DL then [img]smile.gif[/img] We went to WDW when they opened, but I don't remember much. Also, I think DL would be better since it was the first park of its kind then. Do you have pictures of yourself there? I just love reading about everyone's history. There are so many interesting people here [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

  5. #25
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by courtneysunshine:
    Taffy, it must have been fun to go to DL then [img]smile.gif[/img] We went to WDW when they opened, but I don't remember much. Also, I think DL would be better since it was the first park of its kind then. Do you have pictures of yourself there?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, any pictures were lost long ago. Sigh...

    I have been to WDW several times, but still prefer DL and try to go at least once every other year. One of the major features of DL is just how compact it actually is. It is arranged to make it seem vastly larger than it really is. WDW, OTOH, is HUGE and they want you to know it, so you have to hike all over to get anywhere...

    Taffy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •